Overmolding of Nylon Roller Hinge for an Industrial Application
A client approached CNR Group, LLC to overmold a nylon roller hinge for a high-performance, high speed industrial door. Our overmolding process contained two distinct steps and materials. In step one the steel roller bearing is overmolded with nylon in a Sumitomo SE75DUZ all electric injection machine. The part is then overmolded using Texin 983 Urethane and measures .984" long, had an outside diameter of 2.047" and an inside diameter of .787". Throughout molding each of the 40,000+ roller hinges are held to tolerances of ±.005".
The Rollers are dimensionally inspected throughout the and then delivered to the client's Jackson, Wisconsin location.
For more information about this overmolding project, see the details below. To find out about our other outstanding services please contact CNR Group.
Nylon Roller Hinge Specifications
- Product Name
- Roller Hinge
- Product Description
- This overmolded roller hinge has a bearing molded within it and is used within a high-performance garage door application.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Two step process using two distinct materials
- O.D. Grind to Size
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Molded on a Sumitomo SE100DUZ
- Fully Electric Injection Molding Machine
- Overall Part Dimensions
I.D.: Ø .787
- Length: .984"
- Tightest Tolerances
- Material Used
- Roller Hinge: Nylon & Santoprene
Bearing: Steel, Stainless Steel
- In Process Testing/Inspection Performed
- Dimensional Inspection Per Established Control Plan
- Estimated Part Weight
- 36 Grams
- Industry for Use
- 40,000+ Annually
- Delivery Location
- Jackson, Wisconsin
- Standards Met
- Customer Supplied Print, 2D CAD Drawing