Injection Molding of a Plastic Tray for a Sporting Goods Application
A client in the sporting goods industry approached CNR Group, LLC to mold a large number of trays to be used by sportsmen who reload their own ammunition. These trays are designed to hold the priming charge throughout a reloading process. The 3.9" long, 3.720" wide, and 1.87" high pieces were molded with a Sumitomo SE100DUZ, 110-ton fully electric injection molding machine. Each of the trays weighed 46.5 grams and we were able to hold tightest tolerances of ±.005" throughout the entire molding process.
To learn more about this molding project, see the details below. For more information about our other services, please contact CNR Group.
Polyethylene Tray Specifications
- Product Name
- Square Tray
- Product Description
- This tray is used by sportsmen who reload their own ammunition.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Fully Automatic injection molding process
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Part was molded on a Sumitomo SE100DUZ, 110 ton fully electric injection molding machine.
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Height: .1.87"
- Tightest Tolerances
- Material Used
- In Process Testing/Inspection Performed
- Dimensional Inspection Per Established Control Plan
- Estimated Part Weight
- 46.5 Grams
- Industry for Use
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer supplied print, 2D CAD Drawing