Injection Molding of a Plastic Bag Slider for the Food Industry
A customer approached CNR Group, LLC to mold over 300,000,000 parts for a consumer application. The part was a .620" long, .320" wide, and .390" high slider that was to be used on various plastic storage bags. We high-speed injection molded the parts using a Nissi NEX4000, 200 ton fully electric molding machine. The parts also received high cavity count tooling with hot tips.
The .4 g polypropylene sliders are periodically dimensionally inspected per the control plan and then shipped to the client's Wisconsin location. During the entire process, we are able to hold tolerances of ±.003".
For more information about this molding project, see the details below. To learn more about our other services, please contact CNR Group today.
High Volume Part Specifications
- Product Name
- Product Description
- This slider is used on various sized plastic storage bags.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- High Volume, High Speed Injection Molding. Fully Automatic.
- High cavity count (96) tooling with hot tips.
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Part was molded on a Nissei NEX4000, 200 ton fully electric injection molding machine. DME temperature controller is used to control Hot tips.
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Height: .390"
- Tightest Tolerances
- Material Used
- Continuously Mixed and Fed with a McQuire Mixer
- In Process Testing/Inspection Performed
- Dimensional Inspection Per Established Control Plan
- Estimated Part Weight
- 0.4 Grams
- Industry for Use
- 300,000,000+ Annually
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer supplied print, 2D CAD Drawing